Welcome to HICICTE 2016, the 10th Pan-Hellenic and International Conference
“ICT in Education”Under the aegis of the Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs
Invited Speakers João BarrosoINESC Technology and Science Centre for Information Systems and Computer GraphicsUniversity of Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro Leontios HadjileontiadisAristotle University of Thessaloniki Julien MercierDirector of NeuroLabUniversity of Quebec in Montreal Hugo ParedesINESC Technology and Science Centre for Information Systems and Computer GraphicsUniversity of Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro
HICICTE is the official scientific conference of the Hellenic Association of ICT in Education (HAICTE).
HICICTE 2016 addresses the main issues of concern within ICT in Education and e-Learning.
After the 1st Conference in Ioannina (1999) entitled “Informatics in Education”, the Conference has been organized, together with HAICTE, by the following Universities: Patras (2000), Aegean (2002), Athens (2004), Thessaloniki (2006), Cyprus (2008), Peloponnese (2010), Thessaly (2012) and Crete (2014).
The 10th Conference is organized by the University of Ioannina at Ioannina, a Greek picturesque city with rich history.
The Conference is organized by the School of Education (the “Educational Approaches to Virtual Reality Technologies laboratory” and the “New Technologies and Distance Learning laboratory”) and the Department of Computer Science & Engineering.
The HICICTE 2016 program features keynote talks, workshops and panels, in addition to presentations of refereed papers. All submissions, except invited talks, are subject to a blind refereeing process. Acceptance of any contribution is primarily based on its originality, significance and quality. All accepted papers will appear in the conference proceedings.
Selected papers will be further considered for publication to:
- a volume entitled “Research on e-learning and ICT in Education: Technological, Pedagogical and Instructional Issues”, published by Springer
- a special issue of Themes in Science and Technology Education, ISSN 1791-3721
For more information about the Conference, workshop proposal or paper submission, please check the Conference web site or send an email to email@example.com.
Topics of Interest
HCICTE 2016 aims to serve as a forum for academicians and researchers from around the world to present their current work. The Conference especially welcomes articles coming from the Greek Diaspora, as well as the Mediterranean countries.
Main topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- ICT-based Learning
- Computer Supported Collaborative Learning
- Learning, eLearning and Pedagogy
- Learning Technologies
- ICT and Instructional Design
- E-Content – Development and Delivery
- Educational policy and ICT
- Education for sustainable development, Sustainable School and ICT
- ICT and Teachers’ Professional Development
- Sociology of Education and ICT
- ICT-enhanced Science Education
- ICT-enhanced Language Learning
- Educational Gaming
- Educational robotics
- Virtual Learning Environments
- Web 2.0 applications in Education
- Social Networks for Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Wireless, Mobile and Ubiquitous Technologies for Learning
- E-Learning in Higher and Tertiary Education
- E-Learning and lifelong Learning
- ICT and lifelong Learning
- Distance Learning – Models, Systems and Architectures
- Digital Literacy and Digital Competence
- E-Assessment – Theories and Methodologies
- Methodologies in research for ICT
However, innovative contributions that don’t fit into these areas will also be considered since they might be of benefit to the conference attendees.